Fado Folksongs, Tapas & Crystal: Portugal, Spain, Britain & Ireland Lisbon Dun Laoghaire 20208 DAYS FROM ONLY $2399
Follow painted and sculpted scallop shells to the steps of Santiago de Compostela, the ultimate goal of Christian pilgrims for over 1,000 years. Wander the quiet corners of Tresco Abbey Gardens, a 17-acre subtropical garden built on the 1,000-year-old ruins of a Benedictine Abbey. If maritime history is more your thing, take a stroll through the Valhalla Museum among the extensive array of old figureheads recovered from centuries of sailing and steamship shipwrecks. Before your cruise arrives and disembarks in Dublin, you’ll sweep past the rocky shores and green fields of Hook’s Head, and catch glimpses of rural settings that have changed little over scores of generations. Master the perfect pour after a tour of the Guinness Brewery in Dublin, or learn personal accounts of art, music, fashion, politics, and sports in interactive exhibits featuring former and current Irish citizens who have made lasting impressions on our contemporary world at EPIC, Dublin’s interactive and highly immersive museum on Irish emigration.
- From El Ferrol, make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Overnight in Porto with time to tour and shop this charming town and to get back on board to sip the delicious port while watching the fado music performance
- Tour the extraordinary Abbey Gardens on the Isles of Scilly, home to exotic plants from 80 countries
- From Fishguard visit the storybook Pembroke Castle
- Sail along the breathtaking Brittany coastline, indented with numerous cliffs and capes